Last updated: April 5, 2021
Service is the websites, emails, and mobile applications operated by tuPlaza.com, Inc.
'Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Sources of personal information
We collect personal information (a) directly from you, for example when you sign up for an account with us, subscribe to a Premium plan, contact our Customer Service, or subscribe to our newsletters, (b) automatically through your use of the Service when, for example, you browse our site, make purchases from us, sign-in to our site using your social media account and (c) from third-party sources, for example, social media companies when you sign up to our site using your social media account, vendors, other users or our corporate affiliates.
Types of Data Collected
- Identifiers (such as first name and last name, email address, phone number, social network account, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, and profile data)
- Commercial information (for example transaction data, )
- Financial data (such as payment information, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Sensory information (such as audio recordings if you call our customer service)
- Professional information (such as current or past job history or performance evaluations)
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (user generated content, such as recommendations)
While using our Service, we may collect various categories of personal information and/or personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and to provide our Service ("Personal Data"). These personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To audit our Service
- To detect security incidents, debugging and fixing errors
- To make research tasks
- To maintain the quality of our Service
- To encourage and enable purchases and other commercial transactions
- To customize content that we or our service providers display on services
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data ("Usage Data"). tuPlaza.com, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
You can enable or disable location data when you use our Service at any time by changing your device settings.
- Session Cookies. To operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. To remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. For security purposes.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Retention of Data
tuPlaza.com, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of tuPlaza.com, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
tuPlaza.com, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties include advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, our corporate affiliates and service providers for a business or commercial purpose and have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Quantcast is a web analytics service that tracks a website's traffic, demographics & affinities.
For more information on the privacy practices of Quantcast, please visit the Quantcast Privacy Terms web page: https://www.quantcast.com/privacy/.
For more information on opting-out, please consult Quantcast's opt-out page: https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 18. ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at info@email@example.com.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
tuPlaza.com, Inc. does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
California residents have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about them in the last year (12 months), and to access that information. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, and the categories of personal information we have disclosed about you in the preceding 12 months. If you are a California resident, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), but keep in min that we need certain types of information so that we can provide our services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our services. California residents also have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights. You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
California residents may make a rights request by writing to us at info@email@example.com. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address, and the name(s) of business you have registered for profiles with your tuPlaza account. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Separate from the CCPA, California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask for a list of third parties that have received your information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you request such disclosure . If we have shared your information, this list will contain the types of information shared, and we will provide this list at no cost. To make such a request, contact us at info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
tuPlaza.com, Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where tuPlaza.com, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. tuPlaza.com, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).